Making a Complaint

Most problems can be sorted out quickly and easily with the person concerned, often at the time they arise, and this may be the approach you try first.

Where you are not able to resolve your complaint in this way and wish to make a formal complaint you should do so , preferably in writing but it will be accepted if given verbally, as soon as possible after the event. Please give as much details as you can, as this helps us to establish what happened more easily.  In any event, this should be:

  • Within 12 months of the incident
  • or within 12 months of you becoming aware of the matter.

If you are a registered patient you can complain about your own care.  You are not normally able to complain about someone else's treatment without their written authority. 

Please send your written complaint to:  Anita Harrison (Practice Manager) at  the surgery or

You may also make your complaint directly to NHS England, who commission our service@

By telephone: 03003 11 22 33

By Email:

By Post:  NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch. B97 9PT

If you are unhappy with the outcome you have the right to approach the Ombudsman. Their contact details are:

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman  

Millbank Tower, 30 Millbank, London. SW1P 4QP     TEL: 0345 0154033

Website: (to complain online or to download a form)

You may also approach PALS, Healthwatch or the Independent Health Complaints Advocacy for help or advice:

PALS - 0151 430 1376

Healthwatch -


Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website